To the website of the Seattle Beacon Hill Garden Club. We are a casual and community oriented group. We seek to grow a colorful garden of friendships, as well as fruits and flowers! Gardeners of all interests and levels of experience are welcome. Members' interests determine our programs.
The Garden Club has partnered with Beacon Arts for many years on community events and just voted to become a program of Beacon Arts. We are happy to be a part of their non-profit umbrella and to have access to more resources for greater impact in our community.
Some of our past fun has included:
- Seed Library - We are ordering seeds and need your input on what to order!
- Garden Shares - free plants and seeds to help our community be food resilient.
- Working to preserve Garden House for the community
- Pear-a-dise community pear picking event.
- Created and maintain a pollinator garden in the heart of an urban environment.
- Progressive dinners in each others gardens
- Beacon, A Hill of Beans was our community project several years ago. We encouraged our neighbors to grow the many varieties of beans. Check out our website to find out more.
Join us for a meeting, generally the third Tuesday of each month. Check our calendar for the next meeting date and location.